Nourishing Ourselves Through Nature
Baltimore Wood Nature Center In Partnership with Matt Young’s Mindful Nature Expeditions
Baltimore Woods Nature Center is excited to Partner with Matt Young’s Mindful Nature Expeditions to offer a series of outdoor excursions in 2023.
This naturalist wellness class will combine observing nature with mindfulness, creating a practice that incorporates a heightened sense of awareness, both in ourselves and the environment around us. Labeling or identifying species is not the only focus, but instead, the intention is also to slow down and notice how to use nature, including birds, butterflies, trees, flowers, and more as our guide. This style of observation invites self reflection and exploration, reciprocity, and an acknowledgment of our physical and emotional responses while we engage with the outdoors.
Matt Young will lead eight outings throughout the year:
- February 4th at Baltimore Woods: Wellness through feederwatching, and finches are a guide
- March 11th at Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge: The magic of migration and the sense of awe
- April 15th at Baltimore Woods: The early breeder birds, the residents, and opening yourself up to the world of sound
- May 20th at Baltimore Woods: Habitats and reading the land with the help of sit spots
- June 10th at Baltimore Woods: The late breeders, the amazing neotropical birds
- July 8th at Jam Pond (German, NY): Orchids and bog walking in an outdoor playground
- August 12th at Baltimore Woods: Butterflies, and the interconnectedness of it all
- September 9th at Baltimore Woods: The comfort of trees
- Each session will run from 8:30-10:30 AM except for the March 11th and July 8th sessions,
which will run from 8:30 AM-2:00 PM.
- Cost: $25/session. Participants can sign up for multiple sessions. Space is limited.
- Ages 18 and up
Here’s how to register:
- To register, click the “Register for Nourishing Ourselves Through Nature!” button below.
- You will be redirected to our secure registration portal operated by Active Network.
- Choose your program from the list. Add each sessions’ price line (“tuition”) to your cart. Be sure to click “Add to Cart”. If you are registering multiple people for the same program, you can change the number in the cart accordingly. Double check your cart in the upper right corner, then click “Continue”.
- Sign in to your Active Network account, if you have one from a previous Baltimore Woods program (camp or homeschool programs). If you do not have an account, you will be able to create one later in the process.
- Fill out the forms for each person you are registering.
- You will be given the choice to purchase “Registration Protection” and “Active Refund” protection from Active Network. This is third-party registration insurance and is not required for registration. This purchase is NOT directly associated with Baltimore Woods Nature Center.
- Make your payment via credit card or EFT, review everything. EFT is also known as an “e-check”. Choosing this option helps us keep costs low as there are larger fees for credit card transactions.
- Create an account, if you don’t already have one.
- You will receive instant email confirmation from Sue, our office manager. Be sure to save this email as it contains important information about the program.
- Keep an eye on your email for updates and messages from the education team.
That’s it! We can’t wait to see you!
If you need help registering, call us at 315-673-1350 or email us at email@example.com.